One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Chicken & Mushroom Phyllo PieServes: 4-6Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 30 minutes
2 Tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing the pastry
1 bunch / 100g spring onions, sliced
250g Denny portabellini mushrooms, sliced
150g fine green beans, sliced into bite size pieces
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 Tbsp tarragon, leaves finely chopped
200g baby spinach
1 small rotisserie chicken, meat pulled off the bone (or ±400g cooked, shredded chicken)
200g frozen peas
1 x 400g tin Denny Creamed Mushrooms
200ml créme fraîche
Juice of ½ lemon
½ pack phyllo pastry (about 250g)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.You can make this easy pie from start to finish in an oven-safe skillet / cast iron pan.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow cast iron pan on a medium heat. Add the spring onions, Denny mushrooms and green beans. Cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add the mustard, tarragon, baby spinach and season well. Cook down for another few minutes.
- Add shredded chicken, frozen peas and Denny Creamed Mushrooms. Stir through and bring to a simmer.
- Switch off the heat. Add the créme fraîche, a good squeeze of lemon juice and stir through.
- Brush phyllo pastry sheets with olive oil. Tear them into smaller pieces and scrunch the sheets up in your hands. Cover the chicken and mushroom filling with scrunched-up phyllo bundles.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Allow the pie to cool slightly before serving with a fresh green salad.