One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Chicken & Mushroom Sweet Potato Cottage PieServes: 2-3Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 30 minutes
1 Tbsp olive oil
100g streaky bacon, diced
2 medium leeks, washed well & sliced
200g Denny White Button Mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
300g chicken thigh fillets, sliced into bite-sized chunks
1 x Denny Chicken A La King Cook-In Sauce
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
2 Tbsp cream
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan. Add the leeks and bacon and cook until the leeks are tender and the bacon is cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms and cook.
- Add the garlic and chicken. Stir and season. Cook for another few minutes until the garlic is fragrant and cooked through.
- Pour in the Denny Chicken A La King Cook-In Sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer everything together for 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and pour the chicken filling into a small baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, boil sweet potatoes until very tender. Drain, steam dry and place in a bowl.
- Mash them with a fork and then add the cream and butter. Season to taste and mix well.
- Top the chicken and mushroom mixture with the sweet potato mash. Scatter with fresh thyme.
- Grill for 10 minutes until the sweet potato has a little golden brown colour on top and serve.