One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Coconut Mushroom CurryServes: 4-6Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 40 minutes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 Tbsp ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 fresh red chilli, sliced
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp brown mustard seeds
500g Denny White Button Mushrooms
500g ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
1 tin / 400ml coconut milk or cream
180g paneer, cut into cubes
Jasmine rice, fresh lime wedges and toasted cashew nuts for serving
- In a large pan or casserole with a lid - heat the olive oil and add the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir to combine and add the spices. Season.
- Cook gently until the spices are fragrant and the onion has softened but not browned.
- Add Denny button mushrooms to the pan and mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and coconut cream. Stir through.
- Top with pieces of paneer and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve the curry on a bed of jasmine rice with wedges of fresh lime and toasted.