One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Creamy Mushroom Sheetpan PizzaServes: 4-6Prep time: Prep Time: 30 min + 24 hours to rest doughCook time: 30 minutes
For the dough:
1 packet active dry yeast (about 10g) 2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1 ½ cups water, at 40 degrees C
1 tin Denny Creamed Mushroom Sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
250g bacon, cooked
200g buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces 250g Denny Portabellini Mushrooms, sliced 2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Rocket for serving
- In a large mixing bowl combine the warm water and yeast. Mix gently and allow to rest for 10 min. Once the yeast has begun to foam add in 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and flour. Mix well and then knead for a full 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for 24 hours.
- In a pan over medium heat saute the fresh mushrooms in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms have released most of their liquid and begin to turn golden. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220 C and move the oven rack to the bottom third.
- In a well-oiled sheet pan,45cm x 33cm, spread the dough using your hands into an even layer. If the dough springs back, allow it to rest for 10 min and stretch again. You may have to repeat this process more than once.
- Once the dough is stretched in the pan spread the Denny Creamed Mushroom Sauce evenly over the pizza base. Top with the shredded mozzarella, bacon, cooked mushrooms and buffalo mozzarella. Season.
- Bake the pizza for 25 min or until bubbling and golden brown. Serve topped with fresh rocket.