One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Creamy Mushroom Stuffed PeppersServes: 6 as a starter or 3 as a mainPrep time: 15 minutesCook time: 30 minutes
3 large red bell peppers
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup / 1 medium red onion, finely diced
½ cup / 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1 x 400g Denny Creamy Mushroom Cook-In Sauce
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup cooked wild & brown rice
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Lime wedges, to serve
Chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice peppers in half and clean out the seeds and white membranes.
- Place on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes until beginning to soften. Set aside.
While the peppers are baking make the filling.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan / Dutch oven.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook until just tender and fragrant.
- Add the fresh tomatoes, corn and beans.
- Cook until the veggies are heated through and the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add the Denny Creamy Mushroom Cook-In Sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat.
- Add the chicken, rice and parsley. Mix well.
Spoon the filling into the peppers. Pack them really well with plenty of filling.
Return the peppers to the oven for another 15 minutes until tender and fully cooked through.
Serve the peppers with a crisp green side salad.
Sprinkle with parsley and squeeze over some fresh lime juice.