One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Denny Honey & Mustard Chicken BakeServes: 6-8Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 35 minutes
8 large free-range chicken pieces, skin on
200g baby leeks, washed and sliced
6 cloves garlic, sliced
⅓ cup / 80ml chicken stock
1 x 400g sachet Denny Honey & Mustard Cook-In Sauce
600g baby potatoes, parboiled, sliced in half
2 pearl onions, quartered
1 bunch fresh thyme
3 bay leaves
250g Denny White Button Mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large oven safe frying pan or buffet casserole.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and sear the pieces skin side down until golden brown.
- Flip and sear the other side.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add the leeks and garlic. Sauté until soft, making sure to scrape any golden caramelised bits of chicken skin off the bottom of the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock.
- Pour in the Denny Honey & Mustard Cook-In Sauce.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Nestle in the seared chicken pieces. Skin side up.
- You want the skin to crisp up and the flesh to braise in the sauce.
- Dot the par boiled potatoes, pearl onions, bay leaves and thyme around the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan.
- When sizzling hot add the mushrooms.
- Sauté briefly until very lightly golden as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and scatter the pan with the mushrooms and lemon slices.
- Return to the oven for 5 more minutes until the lemon slices are juicy and soft and the chicken is cooked through.
- Squeeze over some fresh lemon juice and serve the chicken, potatoes and vegetables with generous spoonfuls of honey and mustard sauce.