One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Denny Lamb & Mushroom Spanakopita PieServes: 8Prep time: 30 minutesCook time: 1 hour
6 spring onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
250g Denny Brown Mushrooms, sliced
400g Swiss chard, roughly chopped
1 x 400g Denny Condensed Mushroom Soup
200g feta cheese, crumbled
500g shredded slow-cooked lamb
(a cut like shoulder is excellent for slow cooking)
70g Parmesan cheese, grated
1 XL egg
1 packed cup mixed dill, mint and oregano, roughly chopped
6 sheets phyllo pastry
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil, for cooking and brushing the pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and cook the spring onions until just tender. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in the fresh Denny Brown Mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Add the Swiss chard and sauté until just wilted.
- Pour in the Denny Condensed Mushroom Soup and stir through.
- Bring to a simmer and then switch off the heat.
- Add in the feta, slow cooked lamb, Parmesan cheese and the egg.
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Finally, gently fold in the herbs.
To assemble the spanakopita:
- Lightly brush an oven safe pan, buffet casserole or pie dish with olive oil.
- Lay the sheets of phyllo pastry into the pan one sheet at a time.
- Brush with olive oil in between each sheet.
- Allow the excess of each sheet to drape over the rim of the pan.
- Add the filling and fold the excess phyllo over the filling to cover it.
- Take the last two sheets of phyllo, brush them with olive oil and tear them into smaller pieces. Scrunch them up and cover the rest of the spanakopita with them.
- Scatter the spanakopita with sesame seeds.
- Bake for ± 45 minutes until deeply golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.