One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Denny Mushroom FlammkuchenServes: 6 - 8Prep time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour restingCook time: 25 minutes
250g white bread flour
1 tsp salt
50ml neutral oil
2 Tbsp butter
2 large onions, sliced thinly
160g créme fraîche
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp neutral oil
300g any Denny Mushrooms
Handful fresh thyme sprigs
Salt and pepper, to taste
Micro herbs for garnish
- Begin with the dough. Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Combine the water and oil and then mix into the flour. Stir until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and leave to rest for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 250°C fan on. Place rack on lower third. Place two large baking trays in the oven to preheat. (If your oven can only accommodate one tray at a time then just cook the 2 flammkuchens one after each other)
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and cook the onions with a good pinch of salt.
- Cook until sweet, tender and very lightly golden but not browned.
- Turn the onions out into a bowl and mix with the crème fraîche. Set aside.
- Slice and prepare the Denny Mushrooms.
- Heat the butter and oil on high heat in the same frying pan used for the onions.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide the dough into two.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out as thin as possible into a rectangle.
- Place the two rectangles onto pieces of baking paper.
- Spread the onion mix over each base. Leaving a little border like a pizza.
- Top with exotic mushrooms and a few sprigs of thyme.
- Carefully remove the hot tray (or trays) from the oven.
- Transfer the flammkuchens onto the hot trays.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Scatter with micro herbs, slice into squares and serve.