One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Denny Spinach, Feta and White Button Stuffed PotatoesServes: 4Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 75 minutes
4 large baking potatoes, a fluffy variety, not Mediterranean style
250g Denny White Button Mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, finely diced
400g fresh spinach or swiss chard, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
½ cup / 125ml cream cheese
100g feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh chopped chives, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Dry well with a clean dish cloth.
- Rub all over with olive oil and season generously with sea salt.
- Pierce each potato with a fork a few times to release steam.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and bake for about 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes, depending on size. Potatoes should be golden brown with crispy skin and soft on the inside.
- Transfer to a board and while still hot cut a deep cross into each potato.
- Gently and carefully press open and allow the steam to escape.
While the potatoes are baking, make the filling:
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Season lightly.
- Set them aside on a tray in a single layer.
- Add a fresh drizzle of olive oil to the pan and add the onion. Sauté until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and cook down until tender.