One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Durban Lamb CurryServes: 4-6Prep time: 20 minutesCook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
1kg lamb knuckles
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
2 onions, diced
4 cloves garlic, finely grated
4cm knob ginger, finely grated (2Tbsp)
2 stems fresh curry leaves
3 bay leaves
2 sticks cinnamon
4 large tomatoes, grated
250ml vegetable stock
1 x 415g Denny Durban Curry Sauce
4 large potatoes, peeled & quartered
Salt and pepper, to taste
250g Greek / double cream yoghurt
¼ cup coriander
¼ cup mint
Juice of ½ lime
1 small clove garlic, grated
½ tsp garam masala
¼ cup grated & squeezed cucumber (about 1 small mediterranean cucumber)
Handful fresh coriander
To make the raita:
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Reserve in the fridge until serving.
To make the curry:
- Season lamb with curry powder and salt.
- Heat a little drizzle of oil in a large pot and brown lamb on all sides. Remove browned lamb and set aside.
- In the residual oil and lamb fat sauté the onion until soft. Add the ginger, garlic, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and curry leaves. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the grated tomato, stock, Denny Durban Curry Sauce and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Return the lamb back to the pot and dot the potatoes around the dish in the sauce. Cover with a lid.
- Simmer over low heat for an hour - an hour and a half until the lamb is tender.
- Remove the lid and then allow the sauce to reduce and thicken and the lamb to become fully tender.
- Serve curry over rice with a dollop of raita, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and scatter with coriander.