One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Exotic Mushroom Stuffed Leg of LambServes: 4-6Prep time: 30 minutesCook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
2kg leg of lamb, deboned and butterflied
200g DENNY exotic mushrooms
100g kalamata olives, pitted
30g fresh parsley
15g fresh origanum
75g pine nuts
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1.5kgs large potatoes
1 tsp dried herbs
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the potatoes in half and parboil them until just tender. Drain.
- Slice the exotic mushrooms and fry in olive oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Roughly chop the olives, parsley, origanum and pine nuts. Combine in a bowl along with the finely diced garlic and the cooked mushrooms. Season to taste.
- Place the butterflied leg of lamb on a clean working surface. Cover with stuffing and then roll up into a log shape. Tie up with butcher's string to keep the filling inside.
- Place the parboiled potatoes in the bottom of a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season well. Toss them to coat.
- Place the stuffed lamb on top of the potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and dried herbs. Rub the seasoning all over the lamb.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for 60 - 90 minutes depending on how you like your lamb done.
- Allow lamb to rest and then carve and serve with the potatoes and a side salad.