One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Miso Mushrooms with Butternut PuréeServes: 4Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 50 minutes
8 x Denny large Brown Mushrooms, whole
4 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp white miso paste
For the purée:
1 kg butternut, diced
250ml coconut milk (use full fat - the reduced fat ones will result in a watery / not very luxurious purée)
Salt & pepper, to taste
For the salsa:
½ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
¼ white onion, very finely diced
2 Serrano / mild chilies, deseeded & diced
Zest & juice of 2 large limes
2 Tbsp olive oil
Fresh lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss butternut with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Place on a baking large tray so that pieces are well spaced out. Roast for 30-40 minutes until very tender and the edges are golden brown and caramelised.
- Place butternut in a bowl and add the coconut milk. Blitz with a stick blender or in a high-powered blender until smooth. Taste to adjust seasoning. Keep warm.
- For the salsa: combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Combine butter and miso paste together. Whisk.
- Place mushrooms on a baking tray and brush them liberally all over with the miso butter. Season lightly. Roast at 200°C for ± 7 minutes until just tender and juicy.
- Plate swirls of the butternut purée and then top with the mushrooms.
- Dollop a generous amount of fresh salsa onto each mushroom and serve straight away with lime wedges on the side.