One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Boerie RollsServes: 6Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 15 minutes
500g free range beef mince
500g DENNY portabellini mushrooms
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
6 hot dog rolls
Red onion slices
- Place mushrooms in a food processor and blitz until fine.
- In a large frying pan cook the mushrooms in a drizzle of olive oil until they have released all their water. They should reduce by half.
- In a large mixing bowl add the mince, cooked mushrooms, breadcrumbs, pepper, garlic powder and salt. Mix well until thoroughly combined. You can use your hands to get the mixture very homogenous.
- Place a large piping tip into a piping bag (or ziplock bag) and place standing up in a jar to help you fill it. Fill the piping bag with some mixture. Do not overfill. Rather refill your bag several times. You need to be able to hold the piping bag easily.
- Feed a piece of sausage casing over the tip of the piping bag and leave the rest in some saltwater. Slowly fill the sausage casing by piping the mixture into it. If you have a buddy in the kitchen it is much easier to do with two sets of hands!
- The recipe will make 6 large sausages or one long roll of boerewors. Once the sausages are filled tie a knot on each end of the casing. Prick them a few times with a toothpick so that they do not burst while cooking.
- Grill on the braai until cooked through along with buttered hot dog rolls.
- Serve the boerie rolls with some mayonnaise, tomato sauce, fresh rocket and onion.