One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Braai Sosaties by Jan BraaiServes: 4Prep time: 5 minutesCook time: 10 minutes
Metal skewers or bamboo skewers (if you are using bamboo skewers, soak it in water for 15 minutes before)
3 punnets of mixed fresh DENNY mushrooms (White Button, Portabella, Braai)
1 red onion, quartered
125 ml tomato sauce
2 tots soya sauce
2 tots golden syrup
Salt and pepper
Juice from 1 lemon
- Carefully arrange the mushrooms on your skewers, alternating with different types of mushrooms for extra taste and it will also look awesome on your skewers. You can leave some whole, chop in half, whatever works the best.
- Mix the tomato sauce ,soya sauce and syrup together.
- Place the mushroom skewers on your braai over hot coals, once they start to caramalise, change shape and colour, brush them with your basting sauce on all sides. Braai for another few minutes.
- Place the thyme leaves on top of the grid for the last few minutes for extra flavour. Season the skewers with salt and pepper.
- Once the mushrooms are basted, braaied on all sides and cooked they are ready to serve to your guests. Garnish with fresh lemon juice and extra thyme.