One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Burger by Jan BraaiServes: 4Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 15 minutes
For the mushroom sauce:
1 packet DENNY Portabella mushrooms
1 packet DENNY Exotic mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tub plain cream cheese
1 cup fresh cream
For the beef patties:
1 kg good quality beef mince
Salt and pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
To build the burgers:
1 packet streaky bacon
2 tots golden syrup
4 DENNY brown braai mushrooms
4 hamburger rolls
- Chop all your mushrooms and heat oil in your pan or potjie. Fry the onion until soft, add the garlic and mushrooms and fry until all the mushrooms are soft and cooked.
- Add the cream cheese and cream and let this simmer on low heat for a few minutes until thickened.
- While you wait for your coals to be ready, braai your bacon in a hinged grid in the meantime until nice and crispy and set aside.
- Make the smash burgers. Place your griddle plate on the fire so that it can become very hot. Divide your mince into 8 equal heaps. Remember to not handle or touch the meat too much, you want the air pockets and loose edges on the smash burgers for extra taste and cripsyness.
- Also braai the big braai mushrooms until soft, but not too long, they must just start to change shape and colour.
- Add oil to your griddle plate, place the heaps of meat on the plate and smash with your spatula. Turn them around after about 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese on the cooked top as you turn them around. Also place the bacon on one end and drizzle the golden syrup over the bacon so that it can caramalise and become stikcy and sweet.
- Build your burger by starting with the bottom part of the bun, place the patty with cheese on top, then bacon, then another patty with cheese. Then place the giant mushroom and finally pour over the creamy mushroom sauce. Top with more bacon and enjoy this feast!