One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom & Chicken Braai NachosServes: 4Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 15 minutes
250g corn / tortilla chips
4 free-range chicken breasts
2 Tbsp mexican spice
250g Denny Fresh Brown Mushrooms
1 sachet Denny Country Casserole Cook In Sauce
½ cup salsa
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
To make your own Mexican spice:
2 Tbsp cumin powder
2 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Season chicken breasts and mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of Mexican spice. Braai until the mushrooms are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Slice the mushrooms and shred the chicken using two forks.
- Pour Denny Country Casserole Cook in Sauce into a cast iron pan. Place on the braai and bring to a simmer. Mix the mushrooms, shredded chicken and hot sauce together.
- On a large baking sheet spread out the corn chips. Dot with the chicken and mushroom mixture. Next add dollops of salsa and finally the cheddar and mozzarella.
- Place baking sheet onto the braai and close the lid. Braai for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the nachos are hot.
- Carefully remove from the braai and top generously with guacamole, sour cream, coriander and fresh jalapeños. Serve immediately.
- Combine all the spices together and keep in a sealed container.