One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom & Corn ChowderServes: Prep time: Cook time:
4 large corn on the cob
5 cups chicken stock
1 x 400g sachet Denny Alfredo Pasta Sauce
2 Tbsp butter
1 large brown onion, finely diced
200g Denny White Button Mushrooms, sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
450g potatoes, washed, peeled and thinly diced
Crispy bacon bits
Sliced spring onions
- Cut the corn off the cob and reserve the kernels. Place the corn cobs and chicken stock in a pot. Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes to allow the corn flavour to infuse. Remove the cobs and discard.
- Add the Denny Alfredo Pasta Sauce and whisk it in well. Keep warm and set aside.
- In a new large pot, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook gently until completely softened. Season lightly. Add the sliced mushrooms, corn kernels and celery. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the combined stock and Alfredo sauce. Add the potatoes. Simmer until all the vegetables are tender. Season to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with crispy bacon bits and spring onions. Serve.