One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Crunch WrapServes: 2Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 10 minutes
2 extra-large tortillas
2 Tbsp sour cream
½ cup shredded lettuce
1 cup grated cheese
(a mix of cheddar and mozzarella gives good flavour and melting ability)
1 large tomato, diced
¼ red onion, finely diced
¼ cup / handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Juice of ½ a lime
4 large Denny brown mushrooms, sliced
½ small jalapeño, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Wedges of fresh lime, to serve
- Mash the avocado with a little lime juice and salt.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and toss to combine.
- In a medium sized non-stick pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil.
- Sauté the mushrooms with the jalapeño and garlic.
- When golden brown and just tender, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Lay the two tortillas on a clean work surface.
- Cut a line from each bottom edge to the centre.
- Divide the fillings between them.
- Starting at the bottom left quarter, add the mashed avocado to the first quadrant.
- Spread the second quadrant with sour cream.
- Top the sour cream with shredded lettuce and then salsa.
- On the whole right hand side, sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Top the top right quadrant of cheese with the sautéed mushrooms.
- Starting with the bottom left avocado filled corner, fold it up over the top left.
- Then fold it over the mushrooms top right.
- Finally, fold it down over the cheese bottom right.
- Brush the outside of the tortilla with a little olive oil.
- Pan fry in a non-stick pan over medium heat until the tortilla is very crispy on both sides and the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!