One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Eggplant CannelloniServes: 4Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 35 minutes
250g Denny Portabellini mushrooms, chopped
3-4 large eggplants to yield 10 large slices
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
2 celery stalks, sliced (about 1 cup)
2 carrots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 x 400g tin lentils, rinsed & drained
2 x Denny Tomato & Mushroom Pasta Sauce
2 bay leaves
½ cup Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper
- Slice eggplant lengthwise until you have 10 large slices to use as your sheets of "pasta.
- Place eggplant slices on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes at 180°C just to tenderise them enough to roll. Remove from the oven and set aside on a board.
- In a large skillet on high heat add a drizzle of olive oil. Cook the onion, celery, carrots and garlic until tender. Add the chopped mushrooms and tin of lentils. Cook down until the mushrooms have released all their water. Add one packet of Denny Tomato & Mushroom Pasta Sauce and 2 bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized oven proof casserole and half a packet of Denny Tomato & Mushroom Pasta Sauce. Spread across the bottom of the dish.
- Add a large spoonful of mushroom filling to each eggplant slice and roll up like a cannelloni.
- Place the eggplant rolls onto the pasta sauce. Top each roll with the remaining pasta sauce.
- Grate over a generous amount of Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C
- Serve with a green salad and top with fresh basil.