One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom FrittersServes: Makes 8-10Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 5-10 minutes
250g DENNY Brown Mushrooms, sliced
2 spring onions, chopped
1 Tbsp thyme leaves
3 cups cooked wild / brown rice
2 tsp baking powder
3 XL free-range eggs
Sea salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil for frying
250ml double cream plain yoghurt
2 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
1 Tbsp lemon juice
- In a large sautée pan, fry the mushrooms, spring onions and thyme until tender. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked rice into a large mixing bowl. Add the sauteed mushroom mix, flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add whole eggs and mix well to form a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into a frying pan on medium-high heat drizzled with olive oil. Fry them in batches until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, chives and lemon juice. Season.
- Serve your fritters with a dollop of the yoghurt sauce and a squeeze of fresh lemon.