One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Kebabs With Couscous SaladServes: Makes 6Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 20 minutes
250g DENNY Portabellini Mushrooms
12 ripe cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, quartered
320g Halloumi cheese, cut into 12 cubes
1 pineapple, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups couscous
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp origanum
½ tsp chilli flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
- Build skewers: mushroom, red onion, cube of halloumi, cherry tomato, chunk of pineapple, mushroom, red onion, cube of halloumi, cherry tomato & mushroom. Brush them with a little olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. If using wooden skewers soak them in a little water before assembling to prevent them from burning.
- Braai the kebabs until the veggies are cooked through and the halloumi has dark golden crunchy bits all round.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a medium to large pot. Sprinkle in the couscous, stir and switch off the heat. Replace the lid and leave for 5 minutes before forking over until fluffy. For an extra indulgence add a blob of butter while forking through the couscous! Set aside.
- Make the salad dressing in a jar. Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, origanum, chilli flakes and a good dose of salt and pepper. Shake well until emulsified.
- Plate the couscous and top with rocket, zucchini ribbons, thinly sliced radish, pomegranate rubies and then a generous drizzle of dressing.
- Place the kebabs on top of the salad and serve immediately.