One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Phyllo PieServes: 6-8Prep time: 30 minutesCook time: 1 hour
1 onion, finely diced
2 red bell peppers, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp *Moroccan spice
500g Denny Brown Mushrooms, sliced
500g butternut, cubed & roasted
3 cups cooked rice
100g / ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
9 sheets phyllo pastry
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh coriander, for serving
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion, bell peppers, garlic and Moroccan spice. Cook until fragrant and the veggies are tender.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and cook until they release all their water. Turn off the heat.
- Add in cooked rice, roasted butternut and dried apricots and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place phyllo pastry underneath a damp tea towel while you are working.
- Lay out 3 sheets of phyllo side-by-side with the short edges towards you, overlapping each one and brushing between the overlaps with water to stick the pieces together.
- Lightly brush the sheets with olive oil, place 3 phyllo sheets directly on top, then repeat with another 3 sheets.
- As evenly as possible, spoon your filling in a line along the edge closest to you. Brush the opposite edge with a little olive oil.
- Working slowly and carefully, roll it up and away from you into a large cigar. If you have another set of hands available ask for help as this bit is tricky on your own!
- Roll it into a large pinwheel, handling it gently to avoid too many cracks.