One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Quiche CupsServes: 12 small quichesPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 30 minutes
200g Denny Portabellini Mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp butter
100g cherry tomatoes
100g asparagus tips
8 free-range XL eggs
250ml / 1 cup cream
1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, divided into two
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
200ml Denny Creamy Mushroom Cook-In Sauce
Butter, for greasing the tin
- Sautée mushrooms in butter until golden brown and they have released all their liquid.
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling salted water. After 1 minute plunge into an ice bath to cool. Drain and dry on a paper towel. Slice into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, half of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the Denny Creamy Mushroom Cook-In Sauce. Whisk well.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12 cup cupcake tin with some softened butter.
- To the cupcake tin- add a few tomato halves, pieces of asparagus and cooked mushrooms. Fill with the egg mixture. Top with the remaining cheddar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before running a knife around each quiche and gently removing it from the pan. Enjoy while warm with a green salad, heat up for breakfast or pack them into lunchboxes for super easy and delicious on-the-go meals!