One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom Sauce Served 3 WaysServes: 4Prep time: 5 minutesCook time: 20 minutes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
400g Denny Portabellini Mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups chicken stock
½ cup cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
- Add the butter and olive oil to a deep frying pan.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until very tender and fragrant. Season.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add thyme and flour and toss well making sure the flour coats all the mushrooms.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Allow to reduce slightly and then add the cream. Mix and simmer until thick. Season to taste.
3 ways to serve:
- 250g short dried pasta
- 60g grated Parmesan, divided
- Stir mushroom sauce through a pot of freshly boiled pasta. Sprinkle with half of the grated parmesan cheese. Keep some of the pasta water to add to your sauce and create a silky consistency. Scatter with oregano and serve with the remaining Parmesan.
Steak & Mushroom Sauce
- 1 large T-Bone Steak (±400g)
- Salad for serving
- Grill your steak to your liking and allow it to rest. Serve with a generous spoonful of mushroom sauce and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a side salad.
Mushroom Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh chives, for serving
- Scoop out half of the cavity of each baked potato. Spoon in mushroom sauce. Top with grated cheese and grill until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Serve with scattered chives.