One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom ShakshukaServes: 4Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 25 minutes
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chilli flakes, or more to taste
250g Denny Portabellini mushrooms, sliced
1 x 400g Denny Tomato & Mushroom Pasta Sauce
100g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
100g feta cheese, crumbled
4 XL eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
Chopped parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large oven safe pan. Add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook gently until soft. Add cumin, paprika and chilli flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and toss to combine and cover with the veg and spices.
- Pour in Denny Tomato & Mushroom Pasta Sauce. Bring to a simmer. Season to taste.
- Turn the heat off and make 4 wells in the sauce. Gently crack eggs into each well. Scatter over the cherry tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake until eggs are just set, 7 to 10 minutes. (or to your liking)
- Sprinkle pan with feta and chopped parsley and serve with some crusty bread on the side.