One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom SpanakopitaServes: 12 - 16 trianglesPrep time: 20 minutesCook time: 20-25 minutes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
250g fresh DENNY Portabellini mushrooms, sliced
1 x 300g tin DENNY Mushroom Sauce, garlic flavour
400g fresh spinach
225g feta cheese, crumbled
125g ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 large free-range egg
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
Sea salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 x store-bought phyllo pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Add half the spinach, giving time for some to cook down before adding the rest. Add the DENNY mushroom sauce and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a sieve above a mixing bowl to cool and drain any excess liquid.
- Once the spinach mixture has cooled, place in a large bowl, add the feta, ricotta, egg, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Lay out one sheet of phyllo dough on a dry surface. Using a pastry brush, coat evenly with olive oil.
- Add another sheet of phyllo dough on top of the oiled sheet and repeat the oiling process. Continue until there is a stack of 3 oiled sheets.
- Cut your dough into 3 sections using a pizza cutter.
- With a single section, add a spoonful of your spinach and mushroom mix and begin folding over your pastry into a triangle. Repeat this process for the remaining sections.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.