One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom & Tomato Mussel PotServes: 4Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 20 minutes
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
250g Denny Brown Mushrooms, sliced
½ tsp chilli flakes
2 x 400g sachet Denny Tomato & Mushroom Pasta Sauce
(or 1 sachet of Denny sauce & 1 400g tin of diced tomatoes for texture)
1kg mussels, cleaned & debearded
Fresh parsley, for serving
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add shallots, celery and garlic. Cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add in mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid and begin to brown.
- Add Denny Tomato & Mushroom Pasta sauce & chilli flakes and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mussels and cover pot with a lid for 5 minutes or until all the mussels have opened (Discard any that remain closed).
- Garnish with roughly chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve with crusty bread for mopping up the sauce.