One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Portabella BurgerServes: 4Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 10 minutes
8 DENNY Portabella mushrooms
4 free-range beef patties (150-200g)
1 red onion
50g fresh rocket
Freshly ground black pepper
For the avonnaise:
2 ripe avocados
¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
¼ cup red onion, diced
½ cup greek yoghurt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp jalapeño, diced
- Prep burger toppings by slicing the onion, tomatoes and washing the rocket. Set aside.
- To make the avonnaise: Combine all ingredients and mash together until smooth. Season to taste.
- Heat a griddle pan on high.
- Cook the beef patties until desired. Allow to rest.
- Grill the portabella mushrooms with a light brushing of olive oil until just done. Season.
- Assemble the burgers by using the portabella mushrooms in place of the usual bun.
- Top with a patty, avonnaise, tomato, red onion and rocket.
- Enjoy with a side of fries or a green salad.