One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Thai Mushroom Fish CakesServes: Makes 12 fishcakes Prep time: 40 minutesCook time: 15 minutes
500g Denny brown mushrooms, diced
6 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
500g firm white fish, cooked (e.g hake or kingklip)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup spring onions, sliced
1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated
zest and juice of 2 limes
2 large eggs
± ½ cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
Lime wedges, for serving
For the fresh salsa:
½ red onion, diced
1 - 2 chillies, seeded and finely chopped
1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Juice of ½½ lime
- Cook diced mushrooms in a large pan on medium high heat in a drizzle of olive oil. Cook until golden brown and they have released all their moisture.
- To a large mixing bowl add the cooked mushrooms, mashed potatoes, cooked & flaked fish, garlic, spring onion, ginger, lime zest and lime juice. Mix well. Add two large eggs and fresh coriander. Season well and mix.
- Shape into 12 patties.
- Season bread crumbs lightly with salt and coat each fishcake with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and add a drizzle of olive oil. Fry the fishcakes on both sides until golden brown and crisp. Work in batches if necessary and keep the rest warm in the oven.
- Combine all the fresh salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Serve the hot fishcakes with the red onion & cucumber salsa and lime wedges.