One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Breakfast BurgerServes: 4Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 15 minutes
250g DENNY Portabellini mushrooms
250g free-range beef mince
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup spring onions, sliced
1 free-range egg
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp freshly chopped oregano
12 slices streaky bacon
4 free-range eggs
4 burger buns
1 x Denny Black Pepper Mushroom Sauce
1 ripe tomatoe, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
8 slices Emmental cheese (or any cheese of your liking)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely dice the mushrooms or place in a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Scrape into a large frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook until all the water evaporates.
- In a large mixing bowl place the mince, cooked mushrooms, breadcrumbs, spring onions, one egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Form into patties and grill on the braai until done to your liking.
- Brush the buns with the melted butter and toast on the braai alongside the burgers.
- Once the burgers are ready to be assembled fry 4 eggs in a drizzle of olive oil keeping the yolk nice and runny and the streaky bacon until crisp.
- Heat the Denny Mushroom Sauce in a small sauce pan until simmering.
- Assemble the burgers with the toasted bun, some fresh lettuce, the patty, cheese, tomato, onion, bacon, Denny Mushroom Sauce, fried egg and the crispy top bun and enjoy!