One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mini Mushroom FlatbreadsServes: 4 as a canapé or starterPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 10-15 minutes
250g Denny portabellini mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tsp sea salt flakes
4 mini naan or flatbreads
1 x 400g Denny Alfredo Pasta Sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup mozzarella, sliced
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, torn into smaller pieces
Fresh rocket & chilli for serving
- Prepare your braai to medium heat.
- In a large cast iron on the braai cook the mushrooms in a drizzle of olive oil. Once cooked down add the garlic and salt and cook until fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grill flatbreads on a medium braai until golden brown on both sides.
- To each flatbread, add two tablespoons of Denny Alfredo Pasta Sauce.
- Top each one with grated cheddar and then slices of mozzarella. Scatter the cooked mushrooms evenly over the cheeses along with the sundried tomatoes. Season well.
- Return to the braai and put the lid down. Cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the braai and top with fresh rocket. Slice up and serve hot with fresh chilli if desired.