One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Portabella Fries With Spicy MayoServes: 4 as a canapé or starterPrep time: 15 minutesCook time: 10 minutes
4 Denny Portabella mushrooms
1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
⅔ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup italian parsley, chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp sea salt flakes
3 large eggs
1 cup flour
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp sriracha
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Pinch sea salt
- Whisk all dipping sauce ingredients together and keep in the fridge until serving.
- Preheat oven to 220˚C. Prepare a wire rack on top of a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Slice the portabella mushrooms into thick 2cm slices. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl- combine the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, chilli flakes and sea salt. Mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk well.
- Place the flour in a bowl and put your breadcrumb mix, flour and eggs all nearby.
- Dip each mushroom slice into the flour, then eggs and finally the panko mix. Make sure they are well covered. Place onto wire rack. Repeat with all the mushroom slices.
- Place your oven rack onto the top third position in the oven.
- Bake the mushrooms in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip each mushroom slice over and bake again for 5 minutes or until the underside is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve while hot with the spicy dipping sauce.