One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Pulled Pork TacosServes: 4-6Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 4 hours (depending on chosen cooking method)
For the pork:
± 1.2kg pork shoulder, bone-in
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Mexican / Taco Spice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 large brown onion, sliced
250ml / 1 cup chicken or veg stock
250ml / 1 cup good quality BBQ sauce
2 tomatoes, finely diced
½ red onion, finely diced
½ cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 tsp lime juice
Pinch sea salt
1-2 packets Denny Mushroom & Jalapeño Pour Over Sauce
8-12 medium-sized corn tortillas, lightly charred & kept warm
2 cups fresh coleslaw
Lime wedges, for garnish
- Rub the pork with olive oil and season well with spices, salt and pepper.
- Sear the pork in a Dutch oven until golden brown all over. Add the onion, stock and BBQ sauce.
You can cook the pork several ways and can choose what is most convenient for you:
- Cover and cook in a 135°C oven for ± 3.5 hours until tender.
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Natural release.
- Place in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once the pork is very tender, transfer pork to a clean bowl. Shred with 2 forks, discarding any excess fatty bits and the bone.
- Place the cooking liquid back on the heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the cooking liquid by half.
- Pour the cooking liquid over the pulled pork and mix until super juicy.
To assemble the tacos:
- Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and mix well.
- Scatter coleslaw onto a charred tortilla.
- Top with pulled pork and spoon over some fresh salsa.
- Heat the Denny Mushroom & Jalapeño Pour Over Sauce until warmed through. Generously pour the Denny sauce over the filled taco.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime and some fresh coriander.