One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Sweet & Sour Chicken WingsServes: 6Prep time: 75 minutesCook time: 40 minutes
1 kg chicken wings
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tsp chili flakes
Juice & zest of 2 large limes
Salt, to taste
1 x 400g sachet Denny Sweet and Sour Cook-In Sauce
Mixed sesame seeds, for garnish
Sliced spring onions, for garnish
Lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a large baking tray with tinfoil and place a wire rack on top.
- Slice off the wingtips and separate the wings into drumettes and flats. Place chicken in a large bowl.
- To the chicken add the ginger, garlic, chili flakes, lime zest, lime juice, and a good pinch of salt. Mix well. Spread the pieces out on another rack placed on a rimmed baking tray and refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the tinfoil lined rack. Brush liberally all over with the Denny Sweet and Sour Cook-In Sauce.
- Bake until deeply golden and cooked through, basting every 10 minutes with more sauce. The wings will take 35-40 minutes in total.
- Plate wings and scatter with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with a fresh crunchy slaw on the side and lime wedges.