One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Bunny Chow by Jan BraaiServes: 4Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
½ tot fresh ginger, grated
1 packet/tin (50g) of tomato paste
500 g Blocks of lamb meat without bones (use leg of lamb or leg chops, that you cut into blocks)
1 packet Denny Curry sauce (you can use any flavour Durban, mild malay or butter)
1 loaf of bread (unsliced)
Fresh sliced tomato, onion and coriander to serve
- Heat oil in your potjie and add the meat, browning it over high heat for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and fry for a minute. Add the tomato paste and fry for another minute
- Add the Denny Curry sauce to your meat, place the lid on top and let this simmer on low heat, slowly for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. You want the meat to be soft and tender.
- In the meantime slice your bread into 4 equal pieces, and removing the soft inside of your bread, leaving you with the bread bowl.
- Dish the curry into the bread vessel, garnish with fresh coriander and place the bread lid on top.
- Serve with a fresh tomato, onion and coriander salsa.