One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Jan Braai’s Bolognese QuesadillasServes: 4-6Prep time: 15 minutesCook time: 30 minutes
1 tot olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500 g beef mince
2 tots tomato paste (50 g)
1 packet Denny Bolognese sauce
1 tin Red Kidney beans, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
300 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
10 - 12 tortilla wraps
- Heat the oil in your potjie and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the beef mince and fry until brown.
- Add the tomato paste and let this mix and fry for a few minutes making sure everything is well mixed together.
- Next add your Denny Bolognese sauce and the beans, and let this simmer for 15 – 20 minutes on low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Build your quesadilla: Fill half of the wrap with a layer of bolognese, then top with cheddar cheese. Close the wrap, so now you have a half-circle. Then fold the wrap again, now you have a quarter circle. Carry on with the rest of the wraps
- Carefully arrange the wraps on your hinged grid, and braai over medium coals, and turn often. You need to approach them the same way as you would a braaibroodjie.
- They are ready to serve once the outside is toasted and crisp and the cheese melted on the inside.
- Add fresh chilis with the cheese is you are feeling adventurous.