One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Mushroom & Wild Rice Stuffed ButternutServes: 8 as a side or 4 as a mainPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 45 minutes
2 medium sized butternuts
2 cups cooked brown and wild rice
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
180g kale leaves, finely chopped (about 2 packed cups worth)
1 x 400g tin Denny Creamed Mushrooms
15g / ⅓ cup fresh mixed herbs, roughly chopped
50g mozzarella cheese, grated
25g Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice butternuts in half and scoop out the seeds. Rub them with olive oil and salt. Place on a baking tray and roast for 35 minutes or until tender.
- In a large saucepan heat a drizzle of olive oil. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and kale and cook until the kale is just tender.
- Pour in the Denny Creamed Mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Switch the heat off and add in the cooked rice and herbs. Mix. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Remove the butternuts from the oven and scoop out some of the flesh to make room for the stuffing.
- Divide the stuffing between all the butternut halves, filling them generously. Scatter the tops with mozzarella and then Parmesan.
- Return to the oven and turn the grill up to max. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- Serve as a delicious vegetarian main course or a side to any family feast.