One ingredient, a world of possibilities. Let us show you what you can do with a DENNY mushroom. Hint: it’s wildly tasty! Add goodness to every meal with our DENNY recipes.
Sweet & Sour Lamb MeatballsServes: 4Prep time: 25 minutesCook time: 20 minutes
250g Denny Brown Mushrooms
250g lamb mince
½ red onion, finely diced
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated
½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
1 packet Denny Sweet & Sour Cook In Sauce
Sticky sushi rice, to serve
Sesame seeds, to serve
Spring onion, to serve
- Cut mushrooms into quarters and place in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour mushrooms into a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook out all of their moisture. Make sure they are very dry before scraping them into a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl add the lamb mince, diced onion and breadcrumbs. Mix everything thoroughly. Now add the egg, chilli flakes, garlic, ginger, coriander and season well.
- Mix everything until well combined and then divide and shape into 12 meatballs.
- In a large pan on medium-high heat sear the meatballs in a drizzle of olive oil until golden brown on all sides.
- Pour in the Denny Sweet & Sour Cook in Sauce. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened. Spoon the sauce over the meatballs while they are cooking to glaze them.
- Spoon a generous amount of warm, seasoned sushi rice into four bowls and top each bowl with 3 meatballs. Sprinkle over sesame seeds, sliced spring onions and serve.